Business process mapping is a way to visualize what a business does by taking into account roles, responsibilities and standards.
Business process mapping provides an easy-to-read view of your company’s business processes. These maps are organized so that they are understood not only by top management, but also every other level within the organization. The process maps provide detail that is needed for business process review and analysis.
Our approach includes:
- Mapping current business processes and how they interrelate
- Introducing “best practises” and standards as appropriate
- Define metrics for measurement and analysis of performance
- Introducing methodologies such as the Balanced Scorecard where appropriate
- Use of workshops and brainstorming
The deliverables from business process mapping will include documentation which outlines and maps the current business process and provides a roadmap and action plan for achieving optimised business processes.
There are a number of reasons companies approach us to map their business processes, these include:
- ISO 9001 Compliance – This set of standards is geared toward ensuring organizations meet the needs of customers while complying with government regulations pertaining to a product.
- Onboarding New Employees – Having a set of documented processes for new employees to follow can shorten training time, put less strain on other staff members, and help to ensure consistency and continuity of output.
- Communicating Processes to Others – At times it is necessary to be able to show a process to others. The visual structure of a business process map makes it easier to understand the process without having to read (and try to comprehend) a long, narrative description.
- Internal audits – Make sure work is done in line with the company’s standards and policies.
- Process Improvement and Re-Engineering – Once a process is documented and understood, it can be analysed to improve efficiency.
- Automation – Implementing a hands-free, innovative approach to systematize critical business processes.